Sunday, April 25, 2010

Animal Encounters

Yesterday, on Saturday, Andrew, Wyatt, and I met my mom at the zoo for a fun filled day. It was perfect warm weather and Wyatt had a lot of fun. First stop, like always was the giraffes. They opened up a new area where you can feed the giraffes but it's only open during certain times and we missed it. I was pretty bummed because that is like my favorite part, but either way I still had tons of fun.

Then, we went to see the rhinos, which I love as well.



Then, it was time for the monkeys. Wyatt tried to bring his apple into the monkey village but they stopped us and said that they would come at us and steal it so we thought it would be best (and safer) to leave the apple behind!!



We were starting to get tired and were about to leave the zoo. Andrew waited on a bench by the elephants while my mom and I went to go find a restroom. Now before I begin this story I would like to inform everyone that I am a huge lover of animals BUT not a huge lover of bird type creatures (such as geese, peacocks, or any large bird type animal). Anyways, I was coming out of the restroom when two peacocks were walking right towards me. I tried to remain calm because I know people always say they sense fear, but I couldn't remain calm when the male peacock decided to come at me!! I was so scared he was going to peck my eyes out or something so I ran through a bamboo area that I think may be off limits at the zoo, but did I care? NO. All I cared about was getting away from this peacock that was out to get me!

It was a fun, adventurous day at the zoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment