Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Greatest Gift

I have been thinking a lot lately about the importance of being a mother. To me, being a mother is the absolute greatest blessing. There is nothing I enjoy more than being with my family. I love hearing Wyatt's little bare feet pitter pattering on the tile floors in the morning as he is coming into our bedroom to wake us up, I love how he gives me the biggest hugs, and I love watching him grow. It seems like just yesterday Wyatt came into this world and now he is about to turn two. I love being able to teach, guide, and nurture him. It's so important to understand the sacred nature and responsibility of the role of motherhood.“The most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."

I will always be there for Wyatt and I will always continue to teach him about our Heavenly Father and of the scriptures. Sometimes we can seem a bit overwhelmed with our everyday tasks, cooking, cleaning, appointments, and everything else but our work never goes unnoticed and our prayers never go unanswered. There are so many amazing blessing we receive by having children and there is so much we can learn from them as well.

I look forward to many wonderful memories with my family and I look forward to having more children with my husband, for he is truly an amazing father and I am so very thankful for him and the wonderful things he does and has accomplished for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment